New cool stuff on Luigi Thirty's unusual search site, including a hat rater to determine which hat is the best hat, numbered hat lists, unusual hall of fame, and lists of all of a user's unusuals. His item search engine allows you to look through other people's backpacks for items, allowing filtering for quality and level.
As a reminder, trading Humble Bundles is against our rules. Everything you want to trade must happen within a steam trade window. It's a great bundle. If you want the games in it, go purchase it yourself and support charity.
There have been a lot of phishing links recently that look similar to steam community links (with slight typos). Look extra close at the URL and verify you're on the correct steam community before logging in.
There are rules now. Oh no! You better follow them or else! If you don't be a jerk, you'll be fine.
The rules include:
- Trying to scam people will get you blocked for a long time.
- Successful scamming will get you banned permanently.
- Making wishlists with items that are much more valuable than the items you put up for trade will get you blocked on a case by case basis for a reasonable amount of time.
- Do not offer/trade items for cash or non-steam games. You may only trade TF2 items for steam games through the new steam trading system. That means no CD Keys either. Blocked time will be harsh for disobeying this rule. (This includes linking to SourceOP's buying/selling forum, ebay, etc)
- Do not to spam trades. Once every half hour is as fast as you should relist a duplicate trade, and you should close copies of the same trade when relisting. Any more often and you risk getting mauled by the guard mod.
- No raffles and no linking to raffles. This site is meant for trading, not advertising.
- No bots.
Additionally, moderators can act on their own discretion when probating; moderators can remove anything as long as they feel it shouldn't be on this site or breaks a common sense rule. If you're fair with your trades, then you have nothing to worry about. If you're not fair, then watch your back!
Some guidelines on what our moderation staff thinks about fair trades:
- Do not offer small change for a Max Head. It is a promo item and is very rare compared to most other promo items, same goes for the Big Kill and Preorder Lugermorph(to a lesser extent). Offers of things such as Earbuds/Bill's + 5-6 decent to great Vintage Hats are the sort of thing you should be offering for one, or an Unusual with ghosts or higher (energies, flames, etc).
- When trading non-vintage hats for Vintage hats, it is generally unfair to try for a 1-1 deal unless it's, say, a Dapper Topper/Raincatcher/other non-crate hat.
- These hats in Vintage quality: Medic Masks, Whiskered Gentlemen, Hound Dogs, Hustler's Hallmark, Brainslugs, Hot Rods, VV Merryweathers/Tyroleans and Ze Goggles, are all very sought after and will generally require a 2-1 trade or better to acquire, unless you're offering one of the listed ones for another.
- Vintage "Balds"(hatless Sniper, Engie, Scout), Vintage Gentleman's Gatsby are all very rare hats indeed. But they are rare not because of low drop rates, but because everyone who got one immediately crafted the terrible thing away. They are rare because they are bad. But this also makes them valuable in some perverse way, especially to complete vintage set collectors. This does not make them worth a Vintage Ze Goggles or Merryweather, no matter how much you might wish it so.
- VINTAGE CRIT-A-COLA IS NOT WORTH A HAT, LET ALONE A VINTAGE ONE. STOP ASKING FOR HATS FOR VINTAGE CACs. THANKS.
- People do like the old randomly-leveled weapons from the days before they destroyed every idled-for weapon. If someone lists one for a paint or Name Tag, or something similar, it is not an unreasonable offer due to their scarcity, especially if they have a level like 0, 1, 99, 100, so avoid garbage posting on listings for those.
- Do not make comedy offers with a Gibus, Dealer Visor, Ellis Cap, etc, only offer those if the person is actually looking for them, for whatever reason, or as a freebie in a trade.
- If you are not sure what you want, try to at least narrow it down to classes, avoid using the "Fist Placeholder" whenever possible. If you're undecided, give it some thought and think about what you're looking for the most that's in your "price range".